New Deep 6 DGX reg at Dive Gear Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear OEM factory...order for $10k of the same model as the HOG D1, yes the Apeks knock off.

Why did DGX drop HOG regs originally, looks like they've asked DSix to fill that gap with the exact same model?

Dear OEM factory...order for $10k of the same model as the HOG D1, yes the Apeks knock off.

Why did DGX drop HOG regs originally, looks like they've asked DSix to fill that gap with the exact same model?
LOL..I'll play.

When I ran HOG I decided to stop selling to DGX as our dealer network expanded.

The new DGX second is not the same as a HOG btw..

Interesting.

Curious to hear how service will be handled? What are the recommended service intervals on the DGX/Deep 6 regulator? Can we still send them to you for service?

How would we get service kits? I don't see them listed on the DGX reg parts page. Is it the same parts kit that we would just order off of the Deep 6 site?
the service kits are different. DGX will have them up soon I imagine.

Yes, you can sent to us for service or DGX

The DGX are not eligible for the first service free.

Recommended service interval is annual

Keep the pressure up, @Candiru!!! :D :D :D

LEFT HAND REG!!! LEFT HAND REG!!! LEFT HAND REG!!! LEFT HAND REG!!!

Please please please let DGX sell other items like fins, bp and wing.

Just curious, what is your reasoning for this?

That falls under the same situation of the Deep 6 Aegaeon... the price point we sell the fins and other equipment for wouldn't work to sell them to DGX and have us both make enough margin. If we sell them the fins, bp, wings, etc the price goes up.

LOL..I'll play.

When I ran HOG I decided to stop selling to DGX as our dealer network expanded.

The new DGX second is not the same as a HOG btw..

Interesting...when I spoke to DGX on the phone about it (couple years ago?), they said they chose to stop carrying HOG in favor of their own RG3 regulators. I can't find the RG3 regs on their website anymore and they have been replaced with the Deep 6 regs.

Purely speculating but I'd say DGX wasn't selling a lot of RG3's and brought in Deep 6 to replace them, hoping to capitalize on the market exposure and popularity of Deep Six at the expense of some profit margin. Seems like a positive business move for both parties.

Landon, im being selfish :) DGX is close by me when im in Florida. Otherwise, shipping to Toronto gets too expensive. Im really looking to get your fins.... when the soft version comes out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom