New discovery of WWII HMS submarine wreck in Libya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Pamela

today is the Remembrance sunday for all whos lost their lives in the war,My condolences for the loss of your father.
You can’t imagine what it meant to read your reply.
I would be very happy to share any information that might be of help.
For the sensitivity of the issue you may use my E-mail.
By any chance do you mind posting a photo of your father or crew if available.

Thanks
Arebi

Thank you for your condolences Arebi. I should imagine your surprise at receiving my message was great. Also I cannot put into words my feelings that the P32 submarine had been found, great sadness but also pleasure that his memory is still alive in others minds - I never imagined that this would have been possible, and the photographs were incredibly clear.
I will be happy to send you a photo of William Martin but have none of the other crew members. I will look out a picture and work out how to add it to this message. I am not very experienced with working with computers so will get advice from one of our sons.
Best wishes, Pamela

thanks for sending me your historical family photos

arebi

On our last survey dives on the wreck we discover a lunched torpedo at Starboard side, ready to fire.
The submarine was planning to attack the Axis convoy before it hit a mine on port side.:14:

Attachments

• Torpedo Forum.JPG
    Torpedo Forum.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 945
A surprise at receiving a new massage from relative of L/ Sto H Edwards how’s lost his life in the submarine P32…
------------------------------

Hello Arebi,

On behalf of the family of L/Sto Harold Edwards serving on the P32 - We are writing with great thanks for your hard work and dedication, in finding the final resting place of the Submarine. We were impressed with the photographs and the information you have provided.
Sadly my Grandfather left a loving wife and a young family of 3 Girls behind - we hold great fondness/pride in our hearts for him.

We would like to send our condolence to all those family’s who lost their loved ones at that sad time.

If anyone has any other information - we are providing details of our Grandfather and of the Submarine to a local museum in Cornwall - Davidstowe Airfield (opening on June 14th 08) - we would be happy to hear from you.
Please e-mail us.

Thank you once again Arebi
Vanessa Donoghue - L/Sto H Edwards Grand Daughter

Dear All
This is a copy of onther massage that I have received this morning, such a small world by the new tech of communications !!

Dear Arebi

I was most interested to find your news this morning concerning your discovery of the wreck of P32. I congratulate you.

My mother's brother was Sub-Lieutenant M F Millar, a junior officer on the submarine P32.

I would be grateful if you would kindly keep me informed as to any further information which you obtain from the wreck site.

Also, if you can, please let me have contact details for Pamela, the daughter of W H Martin, who wrote to you. I would like to contact her.

best wishes
Michael Varvill

thanks....Arebi :callme:

Family reacted to our discovery of the HMS P32 submarine in Libya

Dear Arebi,

Thank you so much for finding the resting place of my beloved uncle P.O. Wallace Charles Barrow who was in charge of the torpedoes on board the submarine.
His mother and sister, my mother, are no longer alive but I thank you on behalf of all my family for the respectful way you have reported this find.
To actually have a resting place even after so many years is a great comfort, and who knows, perhaps we may even be able to visit and pay our respects one day.

Thank you again.

Janet Milarski Niece

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom