New diver from NC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to NC. As tbone mentioned there are a lot of divers in the area. There are two local quarries FLSP and MLSP (Fantasy Lake which has been around a long time and MLSP which is new). Between RAD, DUDC (Down Under Dive Club), CDC (Carolina Dive Center), Gypsy there are several get togethers open to other divers at FLSP. Good way to meet other divers.

This is NC so things like viz will vary from day to day depending on which eddy has swirled in off the gulf stream or if the wind is blowing one direction or the other pushing water. But current should not be an issue and the Sand Tigers should still be in on the wrecks. In the last month octopus have been found on both the Hyde and the Markham,

20046409_10212174952043386_5184432781831173267_n.jpg

Welcome from the Southern Outer Banks

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I'll be in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks to dive in Markham/Hyde with Aguatic Safari Divers for the first time there (even in NC). I'm looking forward to it.

Dan, wouldn't happen to be August 27th would it? Our group is doing the Markham/Hyde dive with Aquatic Safari on the 27th and the Rosin dive the day before. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

Last edited:
I'm doing that dive this weekend. My first time as well. I'll let you know how it is.

Dang Gregg. Sorry we're going to miss you. Off by a weekend. Haven't seen you and Terri at the quarry in a while. Hope you guys have fun. I'll expect a full report when you get back.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

Dan, wouldn't happen to be August 27th would it? Our group is doing the Markham/Hyde dive with Aquatic Safari on the 27th and the Rosin dive the day before. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

A week after you unfortunately, September 3rd. Ya, hopefully the weather is good for the next 2-3 weeks.

Dang Gregg. Sorry we're going to miss you. Off by a weekend. Haven't seen you and Terri at the quarry in a while. Hope you guys have fun. I'll expect a full report when you get back.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.
A group of us from Blue Dolphin Dive Sjop are going down. Really looking forward to it.

And we've been to American but have been to some of the others, too. But we'll catch up with each other sometime.

And we've been to American but have been to some of the others, too. But we'll catch up with each other sometime.

Dived at American on Friday morning and then Lake Norman on Sunday. Had to get all of the air out of my tanks so they could be filled with Nitrox before Wilmington. At least that was the excuse I gave my wife. LOL.

Gregg, are you going on Sunday the 20th with Safari? I am signed up and will be there for the Hyde dive.

Back
Top Bottom