New Diver in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lizatraveler

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone! Just joined this site yesterday, and just joined the dive community about 3 weeks ago. I currently live in Pensacola and have been training with MBT Divers here in the NAUI certification programs. I finished my Diver cert yesterday, did Nitrox cert last week, and am two dives into my Advanced Diver cert (also of yesterday).

I am going to be relocating to Jacksonville within the next 30 days for work (yes, Navy). Can anyone put out any advice for that area? Obviously, I'll be within reasonable driving of a lot of the lower Atlantic coast, and I don't mind a little road trip now and again. Also, if anyone has recommendations on dive shops in JAX that would be great. Looking forward to nosing around here in the next week and picking up a lot of valuable information about my new favorite thing-- it looks like there is plenty to go around! :)

Welcome to the board. I'm not too familiar with the Jaxonville area so I cant give much advice there. You can find Florida Conch Divers in the regional area of the forum and there is plenty of stuff there to browse and plenty of folks will offer local information for any area you are considering. From my experience the better diving is from Jupiter and South of there. Plenty of charters and clearer water closer to shore. Not that Jaxonville doesn't have any diving, I hear the boat rides are longer and the diving tends to be deeper.

Back
Top Bottom