New diver - questions and thoughts on BC setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought my BC -

Wound up with an aluminum backplate, continuous webbing, and an Oxycheq 30 pound wing.

Plan to get in the pool next Saturday to get it all adjusted and practice taking off and on, both on the surface and underwater.

Thanks for all the help!
Dd you order cambands? And are you planning weight pockets or belt?

Yes, I bought cambands. The wing has a tank stabilizer built in, so I don't need an adapter. I plan to use a weight belt (should only need a few pounds with my 3mm wetsuit.)

Yes, I bought cambands. The wing has a tank stabilizer built in, so I don't need an adapter. I plan to use a weight belt (should only need a few pounds with my 3mm wetsuit.)
I have the oxycheq 30 wing I dive with a steel backplate and tanks. Low profile, narrow so absolutely no taco effect. Virtually indistructable. Love it.

Bought my BC -

Wound up with an aluminum backplate, continuous webbing, and an Oxycheq 30 pound wing.

Plan to get in the pool next Saturday to get it all adjusted and practice taking off and on, both on the surface and underwater.

Thanks for all the help!

If you are thinking on GUE/UTD training in the future. You better check what kind of weighting system is acceptable. I wear the weight belt under the crotch strap.
Have a nice trip.

If you are thinking on GUE/UTD training in the future. You better check what kind of weighting system is acceptable. I wear the weight belt under the crotch strap.
Have a nice trip.

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom