New Divers Beware: Sketchy dive shop in Cozumel puts profits over safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Moley! Sketchy is as sketchy does. OK - so it's still not a verb, I know. A noun.

The verb form would have to be To sketch. The implied use of flimsy materials or methods. Let's sketch this job.

Last edited:
The verb form would have to be To sketch. The implied use of flimsy materials or methods. Let's sketch this job.
Yes, we know. :D

Bob and Tom own a company which uses many suppliers. In order to determine which suppliers to use most frequently, they create 3 categories to classify their suppliers. Those that are always on time with the lowest price are classified as "Good". Those that are middle of the road in price and rarely make a late delivery are classified as "Doable" and those that sometime arrive early with the lowest price and sometimes arrive late with the highest price are classified as "Sketchy".

Chemco and Phlemco are new suppliers to the company. They've been delivering supplies to the company for 2 weeks now. Early Monday morning, Bob and Tom meet to discuss the new suppliers.

Bob says, "Well Tom, Chemco and Phlemco have each made 10 deliveries to us in the last two weeks. Chemco was only late twice and their price was right in the ballpark every time. Phlemco was late 6 times, but half the time they had the best price. Whaddaya say? In which category should I put each of these two companies?"

Tom replies, "Sketchy Phlemco and Doable Chemco. If Phlemco can start getting here on time, we can bump them up to Good."

-Blair

Last edited:
OMG>.......this thread has gotten sketchy as of late.

As of late?!? I'd have to classify it as sketchy from the get-go! Even the very first word is Sketchy.
Well, okay... fourth word. Sketchy counting, you know?

Last edited:
Tom replies, "Sketchy Phlemco and Doable Chemco. If Phlemco can start getting here on time, we can bump them up to Good."

While as they use the words they do qualify as verbs, the more proper sentence would be "Sketchiate Phlemco and Doablize Chemco," thus converting the adjectival inflections to proper verb form.

:D

Excuuuse me just trying to have a little fun with the word.
Hey, no offense intended. We have been bantering over "sketchy" for several days now ever since someone posted that they were seeing it used as a verb. What they obviously meant was they were seeing it creep into their local vernacular, though not actually as a verb, and we have been volleying wisecracks around about it ever since. I thought you were joining in, so I bounced it back to you.

Peace,

While as they use the words they do qualify as verbs, the more proper sentence would be "Sketchiate Phlemco and Doablize Chemco," thus converting the adjectival inflections to proper verb form.

:D

LOL. Literally. And I do literally mean "literally". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom