New format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.
I like it.
I am not a dive shop, though.

I thought the old layout allowed a much better overview over what happened in a specific forum. The color scheme is also not very exciting. Maybe it looks better on a PC but on the phone it's not a winner imo.

With old system it seemed easier to get an overview. Maybe a feature of the fact it is now designed for small screens but have not seen an advantage yet of the new site.

Are the old likes and thanks lost also or will that be recovered eventually.

The likes and thanks could not be imported. There is no thanks module available at this point.

does it make sense to create a "transition" thread?

There will likely be a few things that we weenie users will just have to suck it up and re-enter (like my status...). There will also be a few things that are VERY HARD to find (why am I a "regular of the pub" and how to i kill that off?). There will also be a few things that have simply gone and will never come back: titles for posts, ability to paste a post containing links, embedded links in old posts,...

does it make sense to create a "transition" thread?

There will likely be a few things that we weenie users will just have to suck it up and re-enter (like my status...). There will also be a few things that are VERY HARD to find (why am I a "regular of the pub" and how to i kill that off?). There will also be a few things that have simply gone and will never come back: titles for posts, ability to paste a post containing links, embedded links in old posts,...
P.S. kill the trophies - those are digital attaboys for the youngest generation. Generally interpreted as good attendance ribbons for anyone with at least a partially functional brain.

P.S. I miss the "latest posts" and "started threads" feature for my account. Sometimes I need to look at these to see what I did yesterday...

Back
Top Bottom