New format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I miss the old site. Maybe the technology is better on Pete's and Howard's end. But the old site was distinctive and fun. Now this new forum looks like so many other forums. So far I cannot figure out how to navigate around it.

It looks like I have to create my profile all over again. Right now I am on an I-Pad, I see if it any better on a computer.

Change is tough however I l like that I don't have to deal with Tapatalk so far I'm sure I will discover something that I miss.

The likes and thanks could not be imported. There is no thanks module available at this point.

Not a programmer but that seems odd that they cannot be imported. The number of posts which is an integer associated with my name was imported but the number of likes which was another integer associated to my name could not be imported. Seems pretty simple. If you have to have a new counter newlikes then just redefine it to be newlikes+ oldlikes. where oldlikes is looked up from a table.

The data may be there but it is probably more trouble than it's worth to retrieve and transfer for every user.

I cannot join any of the groups that require a mod, there is no request button. Help!!! BTW the new site is cool but lacking serious color.

Not a programmer but that seems odd that they cannot be imported. The number of posts which is an integer associated with my name was imported but the number of likes which was another integer associated to my name could not be imported. Seems pretty simple. If you have to have a new counter newlikes then just redefine it to be newlikes+ oldlikes. where oldlikes is looked up from a table.
It's just not that simple. Each post had it's own likes/thanks field that worked up to each person. Here, the likes are more attached to the personal history and work down to the post. There is simply no way to crunch those numbers sideways and backwards to enable the move. Sorry.

I cannot join any of the groups that require a mod, there is no request button. Help!!! BTW the new site is cool but lacking serious color.
We're working on that. It should be available soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom