New gopro housing finally available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The extended door does not come with the housing, it comes with the video bacpac. You have to attach it to the housing yourself.

Took mine out today...one hint, don't wait until you have your dry gloves on to turn on the camera. I couldn't push hard enough to make the camera turn on. The new lens limits the access to the on/off button.

No problem though...the "vis" was less than 5 ft, and I didn't miss much! :wink:

Received mine last week. It comes as a standard housing (without the extended back) but with the modified flat lense and cover. Only thing I needed to do was to replace the standard back door with the extended back door from my other housing. The one thing I surely like about it...the lens protective cap. Eventually GoPro or somebody else will come out with the applicable red filter. It is my understanding that Backscatter is already working on one and it shoul dbe coming out soon. I will wait for it.
I used it yesterday at a local quarry wearing Whites 7mm wet gloves. I have to admit it would have been quite challenging to attempt to remove the protective cap in the first place let alone being able to turn it on wearing dry gloves.

So what's the verdict? Many people have bought the new dive housing, I have seen some clips on you tube, are you happy with the quality underwater?

So what's the verdict? Many people have bought the new dive housing, I have seen some clips on you tube, are you happy with the quality underwater?

The quality was pretty good. I had a leak in mine, which let quite a bit of water into the flat lens area. Only one or two drops got into the actual housing area, so I think the leak area was in the lens assembly itself. See picture. It took two weeks to get an RMA, and it has been over a week since I sent it back. They said they would replace it, but it takes quite a bit of time.

I was a little excited when I got the lens, so I did not dive it first w/o the camera. Fortunately, the camera is OK, but the video about 20 mins in had a ring around the frame. Depth was 30 feet.
IMAG0358.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom