New gopro housing finally available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a week in Bonaire with mine- no problems at all. I did water test mine in the lake before we left and all was good. I also removed and lubed the oring every time I opened/closed it...but I would do this for anything.

I had no problem seeing the flashing red light on the back of the housing while filming.

I spent a week in Bonaire with mine- no problems at all. I did water test mine in the lake before we left and all was good. I also removed and lubed the oring every time I opened/closed it...but I would do this for anything.

I had no problem seeing the flashing red light on the back of the housing while filming.

The new one has a light on the back. The first 2 GOPRO's did not........

I still have one of the older ones and it can not be seen from the front.

No change in the latch design, it still gets real loose at depth due to seal compression. It is no problem at depth as the pressure holds the door shut but if not latched as you get near the surface the door can pop open and flood the housing. You can use a rubber band around the housing as a safety latch keeper but it crowds the display window. Display window: the increased lens size crowds the front display and makes the window hard to see and a rear LCD Pac wound cripple the battery life on long dive. Minor complaints aside, it works great.

Run the rubber band the other way around the case and it won't block the LCD display if you have the LCD back pack. Just use a smaller rubber band to avoid any interference with the shutter button.

I've noted battery life is about 90-100 minutes with the LCD pack on. Go Pro batteries are pretty cheap ($20) so it's worth having another one to allow a fresh battery on every dive with the LCD back pack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom