New gopro housing finally available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine was shipped today. Been waiting for the factory one. With the larger front port and using a LCD backpack - have to see how I can route the mandatory rubber band with minimal obstruction of the LCD. If I come up with anything creative I'll post back

Run the rubberband across the top and down the sides rather than the front and back. As long as it is on the clip all is good.

Here is a little comparison video showing 3 flat lenses side by side in 960p mode. Videos were shot by another user I just made this little side by side comparison from his tests with his permission. Main difference is no vignette in the gopro at this mode, I use 1080p or 720p for most of my videos so that's not too important for me even though the Blurfix vignette is barely noticeable here underwater.

You will notice a little more FOV in the gopro and EOM compared to the blurfix, the stock round lens also on the Blurfix reduces FOV slightly which is the reason for this.

A Blurfix with clear lens

B GoPro flat lens housing

C Eye Of Mine housing

[video=vimeo;42341354]https://vimeo.com/42341354[/video]

Here is a link to the thread at goprouser forum where you can download the raw videos and he also has some photos from when he tested out with these housings.

Forum Link to original videos and photos Free registration needed to view forum

Thanks for the info Sterling. I think you are the one who helped me when I ordered my first housing from you and had it shipped here to Cuba. Due to a USPS error it ended up in Djibouti! LOL..

I'm sorry to hear about that. USPS unfortunately is often prone to this type of error which is why we lean towards UPS for international shipments. It's more expensive, but more reliable.

You have shipped quite a few more to us here in GTMO after everyone saw mine.

Awesome! Glad to hear that. Hope everyone is enjoying their housings.

I am interested in this Macro lens you are speaking of. Any more info you can give us on it?

We are actively testing different prototypes for the close-up lens. I don't have a firm ETA at this point - we will definitely post more information here, on our website, and our Facebook page as soon as we have a price and shipping date. Thanks for your interest!

Great. I am excited to see it come out. Thanks for the honest update.

As for the folks down here, everyone enjoys their housing. I think it is now the most common housing down here. The dive shop sends everyone to me, and I send everyone to you.

Just ordered it and a Go Pro Hero 2 camera as I am unhappy with the my current video set up.
Too big and the quality sucks. (operator could be to blame who knows :p )

I hope they took into account the latch getting a little loose at depth but I will keep an eye on it to be sure.

It seems like the camera does A++ videos from all the cool videos I see posted by users of it.

Got my housing yesterday. Looks pretty good except it does not accept the video back. This is a bit of a bummer but is not a show stopper.
???? The video back went right on mine without any problem. Everything with the exception of the new lens system is a standard housing so there is no reason it shouldn't fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom