New here from NYC, yuuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyc aquanaut

Reaction score
Hi all, I really like the crowd here and am happy to be a new board member! I dive here on the eastcoast and am used to 0 vis, you get used to it though, ha ha. I plan to finish off my plans to instruct scuba someday, in the mean time am working as a FDNY diver and have 6 yrs in EMS with the department aswell. I look foward to talking to you all.

Hey NEWWAVEDIVERS, can you believe that the only diving I've ever done in 9 yrs has been in cold water?
I wish I had grown up on some tropical island and be able to really appreciate visibility. Considering all that I somewhat qualified to do, I should be okay finding a job somewhere over the rainbow,ha ha. But seriously, I love the Atlantic/North Pacific for the wrecks and the skiing, ha ha.
Well good talki'n to you, and maybe we can chat soon, you all know how to find me.......later.

nyc aquanaut - the only east coast diving I have done is in the Bahamas and Florida. I wonder how NYC diving compares to Alaska. I'll bet there are some great places to dive for "junk" (my buddy calls it "antique diving")!! I can relate to the zero viz...especially during the plankton blooms in the spring! Is your viz bad because of the richness of the water or ....? ages

Depending on the time of year our viz can be bad/ and worse. In the summer months we get lots of plankton and the green stuff. Winters cool, just gotta wear pampers.

Pampers? What am I missing here? ages

Mother nature and cold water do'nt mix, sorry , just did't wanna get too detailed. ha ha, any more ques???
What do you do in ur spare time?

Oh....well...that was more than I needed to know right before dinner!! Actually, I have been amazed at folks who say they have to go when they get in the cold water....not me...I think it freezes shut!! Even in the tropics, I cannot ahem....pee...in the pool!!

My spare time is diving and underwater photography...I have to work a real job to support my diving habit!! It's ugly!! I get about 175 dives in a year...all pure pleasure. Other than that, I raise Saint Bernards and collect sterling silver Christmas ornaments!! Now, that's a unique combination!! ages

Welcome to the board native New Yorker!

Do I detect another civil service worker? Where are you based out of? (FD) I'm in NYC myself.

Do you dive on your own private boat or go out on the charters? Any good locations you would like to share with us.

Anybody going to NJ for "BENEATH THE SEA" in March?

Later, SCUBA WIDOW

Welcome on board NY. You need to make some trips south to some warm clear water.

welcome. Let us heard some of your dive stories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom