New James Cameron movie..."Sanctum"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading to Sunset Place (Miami) tomorrow night for the IMAX 3D adventure with a bunch of dive buddies! Can't wait!

Just saw the midnight release. definitely worth seeing, really suspenseful, some of the acting was a little lacking but the story line keeps you interested. not the most uplifting movie, so if you have family/friends who are nervous about diving or getting certified, best not to take them.
Mike

not the most uplifting movie, so if you have family/friends who are nervous about diving or getting certified, best not to take them.
Mike

Good to know. I was going to see it with the nondiving BF next Tuesday as an early Valentine's, but maybe I should preview it today myself.:D

Well, the reviews aren't that great, and my wife can be a bit of a nervous nellie when it comes to diving.

But I'm like a moth to the flame...:goingdown:

Saw Sanctum in 3-D today....It definitely kept wife and I at the edge of our seats for the duration of the movie! 3-D photography was spectacular!

Joe

Wife and I just got back from seeing it. Won't win any Oscars but was a well made and well photographed movie. Diving sequences were not hokey and brought me back to my cave diving days. Wife says I'm to old to return to the days of my youth.

just got back from seeing this movie. I must say it is a bit rough with plenty of gore. I agree with making a point to not to have those with questions about diving/rebreathers/cave diving watch it. It is far from a happy film. and has limited my ability to cave and/or rebreathers in the future as my GF saw it with me. :(

Oh well. I have not looked into the "based on a true story part." I hope that much of it is real because if not, it was pretty cheese. I really love diving and rebreathers fascinate me to no end, but I see no need to watch this one again or get the DVD.

just my 2 cents

Saw the non-3D version today... I enjoyed the cave and diving footage. Was not a fan of some of the "technical" aspects of the diving portion of it. Needless to say, the movie did not inspire my wife (who is AOW certified) to think more highly of my aspirations to try technical diving, cave diving, and eventually rebreathers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom