New Mask Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc:
I have a older z4 with a purge. Does your masks purge touch the tip of your nose like mine does. Hate that liitle raw spot on it after a few dives. I would like to replace it and I love the ocean masters strap..

No it doesn't rub my nose. The strap is great. It's amazing more mfg's don't go to one like that.

whatever you get, if it's clear keep it in a box or bag away from neoprene or other rubber stuff, so the new one doesn't yellow.

I like clear skirt, low volume, no purge, 1 or 2 window - but it doesn't really matter what kind of mask I like.

I second that on the Scubapro Frameless mask. It has a really soft and well fitting black skirt and the volume is so low that it allows you to have a great downward view
for all your clips, d-rings, accessories, etc. It's expensive, but well worth it. Look to pay over $100.

Mares Xvision.

Fantastic mask

I like a low volume mask with black silicone. It does not yellow. I seem to have a better field of vision and it is easier for me to clear as well. I use both single and double window types. I really like my Cressi Big Eyes.

Anyone buy the new atomic masks? They look good and the advertising is good but was wondering if they live up to all the hype.

laserdoc:
I have a older z4 with a purge. Does your masks purge touch the tip of your nose like mine does. Hate that liitle raw spot on it after a few dives. I would like to replace it and I love the ocean masters strap..

I had that problem with an OceanMaster Z2. I really liked the mask but the purge valve was constantly pushing up on my nose and rubbed the skin off. I had a scab on my nose for several days after that. In spite of the great strap it wasn't worth the discomfort so I sold it to my brother-in-law. He loves it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom