New Mask Prep.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All, I've been diving for quite some time but it's been a little while since I bought a new mask. Going to Coz. next week and bought a new mask for the trip. My question, is there a better method for cleaning off the coating on the mask glass than what I'm used to doing, toothpaste or mild abrasive, and polishing off the coating? BTW the new mask is a TUSA, I forget the model.

Thanks to all for your time. Looking forward to diving. My last trip was 2019 to the Philippines. That trip was awesome!!

Thank you again. Good Dives, SeaFlea.

Forget the rest. Here is the thread you want to look at.

Sme masks are good from the box. Some are stubborn. Start off with white toothpaste. If that doesn't work go for the nuclear option: Run the flame from a butane cigarette lighter over the glass on the inside. Scrub mask with detergent before each dive.

I just got back from Coz, I used a new TUSA mask, I just used toothpaste, and water, rinsed with water on the boat, and some baby shampoo, had zero fog issues.

Remember the most important piece of gear to pack for this trip is your superseded mask

The baby shampoo is excellent advice. I have a small travel bottle tied to my dive bag. Just smear a little on each lens, rinse lightly with water (seawater is fine) and you are good to go.

@SeaFle i bought my current Beuchat Mundial MUNDIAL - Beuchat maybe a year ago. At first I burned out the lense really carefuly, after that just spit a huge ito the mask befor a dive, and no fog. It works for me.

Back
Top Bottom