New Navy Dive Manual and AIR TABLES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JOHNCREA

New
Reaction score
For those living under a rock, the USN has released the 6th rev of the USN Dive manual, and they have revamped/redone the Air Dive Tables

For those interested, you can download the new manual (approx 25meg) as a PDF from the supervisor of salvage website Google on Navy Dive Manual Rev6 and you should find the url to download it

Of course, if you want it in the 5 volume 3-ring binder hardcopy, it can be order from Amazon for something like $200+

I applaud the USN for making this available for download - frankly it was paid for with tax payer moneys, and should be available for download

Now, if we can just convince NOAA that they need to do the same thing with the NOAA dive manual - again, paid for with tax payer moneys, so WHY do we have to buy it?? They have a website and could easily make it available for download, just like the Navy has

John

Thank you, the forum software would not let me post a URL until I had posted 5 messages, and I am not a gabby type of person, and definitely did NOT want to post 5 messages in different forums saying HI, I'm a new ScubaBoard member <vbg!!>

John

I don't have the old ones handy, but am I right in thinking that these no deco limits are more liberal than they used to be?

I don't have the old ones handy, but am I right in thinking that these no deco limits are more liberal than they used to be?

At a quick glance yes, I just pulled out the table SSI provides copywrite '95 (version 5?) and there is a lot more time added in the no deco air tables.

At a quick glance yes, I just pulled out the table SSI provides copywrite '95 (version 5?) and there is a lot more time added in the no deco air tables.

I'll check against my older Navy manuals, but I know that the PADI table I have is 3 to minutes less NDL than the older Navy Table. The commercial side likes to put in a safety margin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom