New, old diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomaset

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
"It looks like you haven't made a post to ScubaBoard yet! Why don't you dive in and say hello by making a post to our Introductions and Greets forum right now! Don't stay on the shore, jump in and get wet, participate now."

I guess there's only one way to get rid of this message every time I log on so here goes...

Hi,
I'm a regular lurker since last summer. As I am really good at gleaning information through the search function (this should make some of you ecstatic), I haven't had to post any questions. The board has been a wealth of information and I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting and learning.

I'm not really new to diving as I trained in high school with my local ROP in the mid 80's and was able to do many dives throughout the semester along the coast of Laguna, CA, as well as check-out dives on Catalina (both boat and dive park). Apparently in those days, the trainee was responsible for sending in the appropriate paperwork to the certifying agency, and when you give that responsibility to a semi-irresponsible kid...well :shakehead:...

Anyway, after a 20+ year vacation from diving, I finally decided to re-train and this time, my instructor sent out for the certification! Have been having a blast ever since. With the exception of dive computers and those lovely "horse collars", not much has changed and for that I am grateful. Thanks to all of you who regularly contribute thoughtful information, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Jomaset

:colouredsmilies: Welcome to ScubaBoard! :colouredsmilies: Well, welcome to posting and welcome back to diving! :)

Welcome to the 'board and back into diving!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to your local dive forum and join in the fun ......
ScubaBoard - SoCal
We would love to have you go play in the water with some day with us.

Welcome the place is addictive :D

'bout time.:wink:

Welcome from another new... old diver.

In my case I dove SCUBA for the first time this year and, I'm sorry to admit, I'm a good bit older than you. But, the beaches of Laguna beckon us both. Hope to see you there.

Welcome and start posting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom