New on line Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backyard diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am new to Scuba Board. I live in Wanship Utah (Park City area) I am looking for dive buddies that are looking at diving in utah waters as well as dive trips. I am Basic DIR for those that know of that type of diving. I would like to find a local diver that is interested or already diving DIR so I can have someone to practice procedures with. I am also a PADI instructor, as well as a DAN instructor, so if anyone is interested in taking any classes or a lecture for a diving club let me know.

Stupid question, what is DIR?

By the way, welcome aboard...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello backyard diver, welcome to ScubaBoard

Yeah it was. :D
smilies-2351.png

Check out DIR forum here....

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Welcome to SB. I don't think you'll find any DIR in Utah as you know we are always several years behind the curve. (just kidding folks..local joke)

Talk with Dave at Dive Utah I know he has some contacts and took a DIR 'Fundies'

I know it sounds bad but DIR "Doing it Right" I know people respond by saying that if there not diving DIR then they are doing it wrong. I think the statement of DIR is wrong, but I like alot of there training. Everyone has there gear set up the same, so if anyone is diving DIR then you know exactly how there gear is set up. The back-up regulator is on a necklace around the neck, an idea I just love, because you know exactly were your backup is and you don't have to look for it. When ever you see a diver with the backup in the triangular area it has always fallen out of the clip that hold it, it is dangling down into the reef or dragging in the dirt. When someone is out of air they always go for the regulator in your mouth because they know it has air. and that is the one that I want them to have. My main regulator hose is also 7' long. I also dive dbl tanks. I use to dive with aroung #16 of weight around my waist, which is not the best place to uniformally put your weight. so now instead of dragging weight around that I can't use I use another tank with air that I can use. You can check them out on the world web

Back
Top Bottom