New Oxycheq Mach V!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
Fits! With room to spare! When I get a chance I'll take some pics but it looks good to me.
You're the man.
That is great news.
I really appreciate your effort.

forfooksake:
Well, its a design flaw if you have to inflate fully while having to clamber aboard boat same time no? something so simple to put right at the factory should be.

some of us are whingers....
My OMS wing has 4 grommets. I often inflate it as a matter of course when I exit because the grommets don't always drain quickly enough for my comfort.
I certainly would not consider the lack of grommets a flaw. Other features are certainly more important.

does anyone by chance have experience diving both the mach v, and the torus. Ive narrowed down my choice to these 2 and would like some input. -Tom

Dinghy:
Well, its a design flaw if you have to inflate fully while having to clamber aboard boat same time no? something so simple to put right at the factory should be.

some of us are whingers....
What in the heck are you talking about?

*Floater*:
No my girlfriend and I both had the same issue and I even sent Patrick a PM about it. Namely, I'd like to see a third set of cam strap slots in the middle of the STA and I'd like the STA to be aluminium if that's strong enough.

My solution to make the current STA work has been to just put the top cam strap underneath the middle of the STA. Even though it doesn't go through any slots it still locks down when you tighten it around the tank and the bottom cam strap is threaded through the STA slots anyway.

Now why didn't i think ofthat??/ Thanks Floater

Just got my Mach V today along with the adjustable harness and OxyCheq SS plate. Got everything put together and it looks real nice. Won't be able to dive till monday. I had requested the 40# wing but I guess I miscommunicated what I wanted because the shop ordered the 30# wing. Talking to others that dive here, it sounds like 30# should be fine for drysuit diving here in Alaska, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Brian

Decided to revive this thread since my questions pertain more to this thread.

Has anybody used a Mach V with an AL80? Can you post pics?

I appreciate that the Machv is about 3 inches narrower than the Razor 18 but it is also a couple inches longer. I read here somewhere that the wing might extend below the tank. Is this true? I like standing my tank up instead of lying it down.

Please help. I am stuck deciding between these two wings. I would love to get a smaller wing but if they are almost the same size, a little more buoyancy will not be that bad.

The Mach V was basically designed for an AL80. It fits perfectly and does not extend below the tank. The extending below the tank comments had to do with AL63 and AL40s. I use it with the 63s a lot, still works great just can't set it down on the bottom.

~Jess

partridge, check out these photos posted by stephen ash, im pretty sure the pics are with an AL80, so you will be able to see for yourself how it looks, which is very good. I think they problem you are reffering to comes into play with the smaller AL tanks such as the 40s and 63s. -Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom