NEW!!!!! Scubapro Twin-Speed fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at all...the fins are 69 pounds english stirling ..
try
http://www.simplyscuba.com
BTW i can personally tell you that these guys refund your money NO QUESTIONS ASKED if you dont like it once its been delivered (obviously you cant try before you buy). Just send it back and they will refund you.

I looked at the "Simplicity" page featuring the "speedfin". It's difficult to tell much from the ad. Obviously a generic Nature's Wing but without the open toe of the Biofin. Without knowing anything about the stiffness, blade offset, buckles,rubber compound(s) or size range it would be risky to order anything. A return would cost some hefty postage and possibly run into confusion over duty.

The Biofin size range is, or used to be considered, unusual. I talked directly to the company before ordering mine in 1999. Good thing too. A size "medium" fin will fit over a thick size 9 1/2 boot easily. At one time, this would have been defined as a "large". Mares follows the same practice; possibly because of dry suits or larger divers these days? I know nothing about Scubapro's present day definitions of sizes and would like to hear about it sometime.

Blew the clutch out in my left one this past Saturday, swam around in a circle for 1hr and 15min until I ran outta air.

ID

I have used these fins in both a lake and in the pool, and here is what I think.

If you are one of those guys who says that they kick too hard to use the Black Twin Jets (my favorites), you will like them. They are stiff. They are fast. If you kick like hell, you will fly, and you will cramp. I will compare them to the US Divers Blades, which is a phenomenal fin. They are nearly as fast as the Blades, not quite as powerful, but a little easier on your legs.

They also cost $210. SCUBAPRO is providing a lifetime warranty on this fin (covering the blade, the footpocket, and the BUCKLE SYSTEM. They have stood behind their warranties on the Jets, and I am anxious to break a strap and send it back to SCUBAPRO and see if they will replace it.

If you have a problem with leg fatigue, get the Jets. If you are an in betweener, get the speeds. If you have a macho complex, go dive with your paddles.

I've had my ScubaPro Twin Speed fins working solidly since 2007. I use them with Henderson Instadry 5mm boots, which is good to include in a fin review to help others determine foot-pocket comfort. The Twin Speed's are comfortable, powerful and maneuverable. I use them mostly on shore dives in Southern California where there is often heavy surge, rips and big surf. Even in these tough conditions inside of narrow trenches I am able to quickly flip a 180° turn and get out of a jet stream situation. Now it's almost 2012 (5 years) and I don't desire or need any other fin. The only thing I'd hope for from ScubaPro would be to include spring straps with these as a standard.

Attachments

• ScubaPro Twin Speed.jpg
    ScubaPro Twin Speed.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 286
I'd just like to wish this thread a belated Happy 10th Birthday. It seems like only yesterday when you were just a little thread with 25 posts, filled with the excitement of the new Scubapro fins - and here you are 10 years later with 26 posts about what are now crappy old fins that only one poster on scubaboard cares about... my how time flies

I hope we can gather here again in another 10 years, by which time you'll be married to that nice thread about Spare Air, and contemplating starting a family of little threads of your own, about pony bottles & such no doubt

So, good luck for the future little thread, see you again soon I hope! (not)

Haaa!
In 10 or so years I'll definitely post another useless update on my crappy outdated Twin Speed fins just for you Tortuga68 since you care to keep such good track. It will give you some initiative to raise your average posts-per-day ratio too, weeee! Looks like nowadays these fins are only still for sale in europe and overseas which, you are correct, in that american divers don't care much about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom