NEW!!!!! Scubapro Twin-Speed fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't loose track of the fact that the design flat out WORKS!!! better than any other fin recently tested. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I got the opportunity to really give my Atomics a workout this weekend in a pool and I must say I'm extremely pleased with them. Wouldn't leave home without them.

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to think of this. It had been some days, and I though that we had got away with it.......

such is life

Jon T

We bought Appollos after seeing them on a dive in Coz and after "extensive" testing in a 10' x 6' pool! Seriously, though, we did a real test during three weeks of diving the around the first of this year.

They were great in three areas:

(1) lighter than our old Quattros
(2) seemed much more energy effecient and no loss of swimming power--just kick easy
(3) more confortable to wear than the Quattros

We tried on other types of split fins, but none were as comfortable as the Appollos. However, that is matter of personal preference, foot shape, etc. The other brands seemed, in the pool, to be as efficient. I sure liked the looks of the Mares, but they just did not fit well on my feet.

But we are converts to split fins--no turning back.

Joewr

I have been researching some new kit to buy and guess what was next in my list? - FINS!!!

These new scubapro fins are just within my budget (who wants to spend over £100 to make your feet look bigger anyway??) and I had looked at these fins but dismissed them as a load of technical bobbins but after the above posts, I actually gave them a go and guess what - they are GREAT!! As a newbie, I have had a few problems with 'rolling' when finning (yes, I KNOW it is down to practice and technique but it doesn't stop it happening) and these REALLY WORK!!

Next stop is a new mask so I'd appreciate any suggestions (I am willing to spend about £35 / $70 and have an open mind).

I have also just purchased a scubapro S-Tek 5mm steamer wetsuit and wonder if anyone has used this in combination with their 5mm hooded overvest - is it worth the money? At the moment, all my diving is recreational in temperate waters (Gran Canaria / Red Sea both in winter) and maximum depth of 30 metres. After the above positive remarks regarding the fins, PLEASE guide me - I NEED A BUDDY!!

I'm wondering, the UK site says they're 69.00 pounds (don't have that symbol on my keyboard). That's only a tad over 98 US dollars. Are they just ScubaPro's less-expensive split-fin? The Twin Jets are usually US $189 in the dive shops.

BTW, if you go to the Spain site, you can view all three colors (or colours) :)

I saw a pair in the dive shop the other day.
Anybody tried the new ones?
BTW: They are a lot longer than the old ones and deemed to be stiffer.

I've heard (from an inside ScubaPro source) that the Twin-Speed fins haev arrived in the US and will reach stores soon. However, I was very unhappy to hear that they are nowhere near the 69 pounds (english) listed on the ScubaPro UK website. At a recent scuba sale, the ScubaPro rep said they would cost more like $210 a pair. So either the 69 pounds figure is a typo (and should read 169 pounds) or I'm going to have to wait until my next trip to Europe to get a pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom