New TrueFin fins.... Any comments ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha,, yes, it is perhaps arrogant to name this fin Truefin, but we won't go so far as to say this is the best fin for every diver. It's really kind of odd. With average and powerful kickers we get fantastic comments, with Truefin being easy on the legs.. We also have had handicapped vets use Truefin fin and say it's their preferred fin now, check the reviews, they are unedited,,, however we had a couple comments where a soft and highly flexible foot pocket and blade was preferred, particularly if there is no current. ...With Truefin, although the foot pocket is much more comfortable than the foot pocket of a stiff technical fin, we had to provide enough support at the foot pocket so the foot pocket would not deform at the high thrust capability of Truefin. We also provided an extended rigid heel support to reduce stress at the foot arch.

Joe Maresh
Thanks for engaging here.

Why is the contact number for New York?

347-TRUEFIN. They wanted the digits. I’m guessing 347 was an available area code with those letters. Portability has changed area dependent codes.

347-TRUEFIN. They wanted the digits. I’m guessing 347 was an available area code with those letters. Portability has changed area dependent codes.
That sounds correct.

I've worked with a lot of divers these past five years, and it has been a real pleasure. I am not a scuba diver, I am just a mechanical engineer,, but I do snorkel. One thing about the diver community is divers are generally very technically orientated.
They also have deep pockets and short arms!

My goodness... Gadget, gimmicky, that's fine. In function driven engineering, form follows, so it is what it is...

Regarding flutter kicking performance, Truefin has the highest thrust and efficiency of all fins machine tested. We consider efficiency the holy grail,,, who doesn't want to go further under water on a tank of air...

Regarding frog kicking, we didn't machine test that, but divers have said when equipped with Green spines they have the longest glide distance of any fin they had tried because Green spines enforce a flat blade when pushing away, and Green spines actually also provide a more powerful flutter kick because you can provide thrust during the return flutter kick if you have the strength to do so. In any event, we understand people are very loyal with the fin brand that has worked for them.

Hey, for those able to attend the Long Beach, CA scuba show June 3rd and 4th,,, Truefin will have a booth there so the public can check them out. Booth #713. www.scubashow.com

/jdm

Bought a pair 2 months ago and have done 15 dives in SoCal and Belize. I like them a lot and have now sold my Jets. I can highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new type of fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom