New undies or heated vest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to get the small (6 Ah) Santi battery for use with my Santi vest. It's very small and compact, but I already have two UWLD batteries for my heated BZ400 and heated Santi vest, so no need at this point. Would you be using heated gloves with it too, because that would limit the battery time. Also, the Santi batteries are either on or off, so no control like an UWLD battery. I had the big Santi one (24 Ah) for a bit, but it was too big for my travel needs because, and I'm sure you know this, but to fly in the US with one of these batteries, it has to be less than 160 Wh.

I have a mares vest with battery - its ok for a 70 min dive but it cant be turned off or on once you get under water, also the battery is susceptible to water so any leaks in the dry suit will wreck them . They do have a blue tooth on /off switch that you can use once your kitted up but once again cant take it underwater unless you rig it up in a say a go pro case -then it can be turned on /off up/down
Also have a heated bz400 and light monkey battery - they are fickle beasts and need to be looked after but they are the bees knees when you have cold water and long dives - esp on deco
I have mine inverted and clipped to the side of the ccr (rEvo) and i can reach it ok - i put a piece of plastic tube over the switch to be able to manipulate it with thick gloves on. It can turn on /off you can also turn the heat down.

Down side is i cant fly with the battery so its not good for travel, although the suit in and of itself is very warm. have not tried the smaller battery -like all things tech theres a lot of fiddling with this stuff but when it all works its fantastic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom