New Wreck In Picton!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We’re not sure when the numbers will be released but I’m sure there will be charters heading out to her soon. Once this happens I hope we all take the care to preserve this one of a kind wreck.

I believe she may be a converted tiller and an old one at that. Two masts standing and as intact a bowsprit as I’ve ever seen (32+ feet long). A nice size wooden stock anchor sitting up on the bow and a single handle bilge pump are only a couple of the highlights on deck. There are lots of details to take in on this dive site. She’s a real museum piece!

Doug Arnberg.

Great photos. I loved the Mast one too.
Are these Inspirations that you're diving?

Nice pictures. It still looks a little too clinical as a virgin dive site. The secret wreck diving dudes have picked this one clean. What a bunch of maroons. Then there is the dink kneeling on the deck with the video camera, in one of the top pictures. What a maroon. This wreck is going to be beat to death just like the rest of them due to unskilled diver impact. What a shame.

JamesP:
Nice pictures. It still looks a little too clinical as a virgin dive site. The secret wreck diving dudes have picked this one clean. What a bunch of maroons. Then there is the dink kneeling on the deck with the video camera, in one of the top pictures. What a maroon. This wreck is going to be beat to death just like the rest of them due to unskilled diver impact. What a shame.
They already apologized for the kneeling dude, and he has not been invited back tothe site (and I'm sure he was made aware of exactly why..........)

It sucks to live in Welland, so far away from real diving.............

Interesting comments RE anchors and secret wreck strippers........

I wonder if there really are any virgin wrecks left to be discovered.

Good show Darryl.

Maybe by next year us mere mortals will be allowed a peek.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom