New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wkndbum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What's your plans? Who's diving where?

Last year we dove Oronogo, maybe dive it again or Beaver Lake??

Terry

I am a pretty new diver but I would be interested in diving new years day. I bet my buddy would like to dive too. It might be kinda fun to set something up. Is there anything around Omaha?

I kind of like the Beaver Lake idea vs Oronogo. Too many divers and John's not Johnny on the spot when it comes to opening back up. Beaver Lake also doesn't have that long walk back up...

For that matter Table Rock is a good place as well. Heck, any place other than a quarry would be my choice.

I'd vote Beaver Lake, but that's just 'cause it's closer. :D

-Sean

Flatliner:
I am a pretty new diver but I would be interested in diving new years day. I bet my buddy would like to dive too. It might be kinda fun to set something up. Is there anything around Omaha?

Nothing around Omaha that doesn't require braille diving. There is a Quarry by Atlantic, Ia but it will probably will be iced over by Jan 1.

Were you diving @ Steve R. Pony Lake (by Kearney) with Husker Divers a few weeks ago?
Your avaitar sure looks familiar.

Terry

Beaver Lake sounds good to me. I'd probably dive Sun & Mon am, get back on the road by noon on Mon.

How about you, Dr Robb, what say you?

Terry

As flatliner noted, I'd be interested as well.

Terry, I believe I met you at the Pumpkin Carving with Husker Divers. IIRC, you dove with Beth that day. I'm the guy who was wearing a wetsuit that day.

Giff

Count me in guys.. I'd like to dive Beaver over Oronogo.. Less muck.. Better looking topside too.

Sounds like Beaver it is, speaking of muck some day you should dive Finger Lakes in Columbia. That muck should be classified as lethal. I picked up a Beachat fin from the bottom and ended up throwing it away, the stink made my nose hairs curl.

I am still not sure that I will be able to go or not. I am traveling a LOT this month so I will need to clear it with household 6. So where is Beaver anyway?

Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom