New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot they had a webpage, I wonder where those girls are in the shop? I've never seen one of them around before...

Yup, a call is a good idea on the drysuit rental, they show $50 being the price. If you've never been there before they have a lot of things there, I picked up a HP100 tank for $75 last year and it passed hydro and vis so I got a very good deal. I won't tell you of the other good deals, it'd break your heart to find out.

They're a good place to shop around in and easy to get along with.

I plan on arriving @ Beaver Lake around 1pm - 2pm Sunday.

I'm staying @ C & J's, Dr Robb is staying there also.

The only ones I'm SURE will be there are myself, Matt Cummings & Dr Robb.

KcOczi, Daniel Little, are you guys still planning on coming?

Anyone else?

Terry

Not gonna make it down there guys.

I've got family coming to town today, and I've since found out they plan to stay through Monday. That being said, I won't make the dive.

I did however get a dive in yesterday afternoon. The ultra 400 thinsulate is fantastic.

My first dive of 2007 may not come before late January... in Roatan. Arrggg!

Sorry you missed it, the vis was outstanding. We had at the least 30 feet of vis, probably more. Surface temps and bottom temps were about 45 degrees, but it was cold out, you'd get in the water to warm up...

I'd say this was one of the best dives in a long time, absolutly worth the 5 hour drive one way to get there.

I'd definately agree Matt... Although you might just be feeling that way because your light isn't a paperweight after that incident at Table Rock....

Fun dives, tks guys.

I did end up with a bit of dry suit squeeze on my shoulders & half blinded from those
hi power lights you dudes carry, but enjoyed every bit of it.

Looking forward to Apr

Terry

Well in case anyone wants to know the water at Dewey Point is 49 degrees Table Rock. It also had vis of 20 feet, not just saying that because i was in a wet suit:D Had a good dive and rang in the New Year properly. Hope everyone else had a good dive and a Happy New Years.

Terry,
Is that a little light envy I'm sensing?? Are we all gonna wait til DUI days to do it again or are we gonna try to set up something sooner?? I'd be willing to travel to NE if there is a good place to dive..

Robb

DrRobb:
Terry,
Is that a little light envy I'm sensing?? Are we all gonna wait til DUI days to do it again or are we gonna try to set up something sooner?? I'd be willing to travel to NE if there is a good place to dive..

Robb

"little light envy" ha, well yea, maybe a little.

Nothing up this way to dive in unless you want to do an ice dive @ Okoboji.

I'm thinking about a trip to Bonne Tierre in Feb or Mar. or could make a run back to Beaver or Table Rock.

Terry

DrRobb:
I'd definately agree Matt... Although you might just be feeling that way because your light isn't a paperweight after that incident at Table Rock....

You bet I'm happy that flooding incident didn't end it's life. If it had been salt water it'd be another story I'm betting.

As is I'm pretty impressed with Beaver Lake right now and I'm going to have to dive it again before the Rally. With vis that good it'd be a crime not to. I'd kind of like to see those other boats by the dam area, even if it's a shallow dive it'd be fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom