New Year’s Day diving - cold weather folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn’t count. :poke:
Yeah, you know, I get that, he says while overlooking the ocean from the porch in shorts and t-shirt, cold brew in hand ... while being overcome a bit by the simple beauty of it all with the background live soundtrack of tropical birds, wind and waves... Aaaah that cold brew hit the spot he thinks... and I can so live with missing that new years dive in cold water and cold air...
Said heartfelt, to the bone!
But, if I was there, I'd be up for a dive!
Also said heartfelt...
But, given the choice, I quite like where I am...
Also said heartfelt...
Do enjoy that dive so @Marie13 !

Air temp Tuesday is supposed to be about 25F.

Air temps might even break 40F here in Maine on Tuesday...so the water should help cool things!

I will be diving either in Missouri, Kansas, or Arkansas. Haven't decided yet. Forcast is a high temp of 27.

DW

Hey, it’s been getting darn chilly here in N.Florida lately. I didn’t even break a sweat getting into my dry suit last weekend.

I do want to come up and dive the Great Lakes, but think I will have to wait for some warm weather. I am way too much of a wimp for that frozen stuff. :)

Would be, but I'm working that day ... although yesterday it was a balmy 2C in all the water column (35F)

_R

Hey, it’s been getting darn chilly here in N.Florida lately. I didn’t even break a sweat getting into my dry suit last weekend.

I do want to come up and dive the Great Lakes, but think I will have to wait for some warm weather. I am way too much of a wimp for that frozen stuff. :)

Not much shore diving. Most of it is on boats, which come out of the water in late October.

Not much shore diving. Most of it is on boats, which come out of the water in late October.

Yea, we do get a bit spoiled with our nice decks and shore / stair entries. But do have some boat diving plannned for early Feb in Jupiter!

My kids lives in Milwaukee, so I keep thinking I should see what wreck diving possibilities exist from that home base.

Yea, we do get a bit spoiled with our nice decks and shore / stair entries. But do have some boat diving plannned for early Feb in Jupiter!

My kids lives in Milwaukee, so I keep thinking I should see what wreck diving possibilities exist from that home base.

Milwaukee? The Willie and the Milwaukee Carferry wrecks!

Air temp Tuesday is supposed to be about 25F.
That's well within limits. My personal limit is some -10C/14F topside. That's when the gear freezes over so fast that it's a drag to kit down after the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom