nice stripe..!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am thinking you saw this in the Atlantic? Don't think its a Pacific species but it is either a scad (Selaroides family) or amberjack (Seriola family)
Put up where you saw it and that will help

Mike Veitch:
Am thinking you saw this in the Atlantic? Don't think its a Pacific species but it is either a scad (Selaroides family) or amberjack (Seriola family)
Put up where you saw it and that will help

Of course... I usually do that, forgot this time.. Sorry!

Was in Roatan, off Honduras in the Carribbean...

It's some kind of a Jack. Looks like a Barjack to me.

Walter:

You guys rock. Totally. Confirmed with fishbase.org... the single dorsal fin threw me..

Since you are such ID gods, how about this one? (also in Roatan)

absolutely

DennisW:
absolutely

You guys are the best...! I'm working on a database of my fish ID photos.. have around 150 so far, with about 10 that I haven't been able to identifiy.

Do you mind if I post a few more here? I really do try to track them down by myself as best as I can, using a combination of the Audobon books, Paul Humann's books, and fishbase.org, so I don't want to waste people's time...

This guy was off St. Croix. Looks like some sort of tang/surgeonfish, but the stripes are a bit unusual...

Thanks!

Mike

PS downloaded divelog, got the Suunto adaptor and now I'm waiting for the USB connector... looking forward to trying it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom