Nitek Q4 worth buying now in 2016?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also just jumped on the nitek bandwagon. Contacted dive rite about the battery just to have an idea, and they said it's $85 to replace, and that a battery should last 4-5 years. Not sure how long they plan to stock the batteries, so an email to them checking inventory is going to be part of our yearly maintenance.

Downside is that all the accessories such as extra plugs and bungie mounts are very low on stock and will not have more production runs.

Also just jumped on the nitek bandwagon. Contacted dive rite about the battery just to have an idea, and they said it's $85 to replace, and that a battery should last 4-5 years. Not sure how long they plan to stock the batteries, so an email to them checking inventory is going to be part of our yearly maintenance.

Downside is that all the accessories such as extra plugs and bungie mounts are very low on stock and will not have more production runs.

That's very useful information, thanks!
I sent them an email stating my concerns last Friday, but after business hours so haven't had a reply yet. Heard very good stories about their support though.

I've had my Nitek Q for a little less than a year/165 dives. I get 12 or more hours of diving before the battery indicator starts to go down. I generally recharge it shortly thereafter, in the next day or two.

I bought the bungee mount and an extra power port plug when I purchased it from Dive Gear Express. I tried the wrist straps for a day before switching to bungee, did not particularly like the straps, though they were adequate.

I noticed today that the Nitek Q is no longer listed on the Dive Gear Express website. I have sent them an email to ask if they've discontinued carrying it. On quick search, I found it offered by a couple of stores, but at $600 rather than $400. No idea if it's actually in stock.

Edit note: I heard back from DGX already, they have excellent customer service:

Craig we bought all Dive Rite had and was able to show a great price... We sold many hundreds but they sold out a couple of weeks ago.

I'm quite glad I got my Nitek Q. It has allowed me to learn a lot about Buhlmann with GF, the algorithm my next primary computer will likely be running, if my 7 year old Oceanic VT3 ever dies.

Are you interested in selling your Suunto Mosquito?
I need a replacement button for my mosquito. I contacted Suunto through their website mail and was told the part was unavailable.
Any help, advice or available part from the rest of this community would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tamyks

@tamyks: Sorry, I gave it to my gf as her first dive computer. A second hand Mosquito will set you back between 40 and 70 euros here in Holland. You should have no trouble finding one online I'd say.

Thanks a lot @Fuzzmex for your reply!
I already tried to buy a second hand one by dealers and ebay without success.

Got one as a backup for my Shearwater Petrel :

- very easy to use, even while multi gas diving
- good visiblity even in murky waters or while cave diving,

No complaints so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom