nitrox analyzers in cozumel

how do you verify your nitrox mix on cozumel?

• i don't dive nitrox

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adfitzer

Registered
Reaction score
i've dove cozumel a handful of times. in the past i have always dove on air. on each trip there were always some diving nitrox. i never observed any of the divers verifying the nitrox mix they were diving. i've dove with dive ops elsewhere that have had a nitrox analyzer available. i'm trying to get a feel for what the trend is on cozumel. do most ops have an analyzer available if you ask? for those divers that don't verify personally, who are they trusting? are they trusting the dive op that picked up the tank from the fill station and verified when they picked it up? or are they trusting the fill station?
i will obviously be contacting the op i'm diving with prior to our next trip. just curious what others do or have experienced.
thanks,

Tres Pelicanos had analyzers on both of their boats.

Tres Pelicanos had analyzers on both of their boats.

Were they dusty? :)

Seriously, I didn't see anyone using the TP analyzers on either boat recently (10 days in Dec 15/Jan 16). When I asked for Nitrox, no-one @ TP mentioned they had analyzers.

Not a problem, I got to play with my new Cootwo -- Steve was amused to see me checking tanks. The Nitrox tanks were all close to the % on the stickers -- the biggest variation was about 0.6%. I believe the highest CO I saw was 3PPM, on one tank. Most were 0 or 1. I didn't test the air tanks for CO.

I rebuilt one of the 3P Analox units last year so I usually check them each visit to make sure the sensors and batteries are still good (that reminds me to bring down a couple 9volt cells next month). They have two and there should be one on each boat. I have always found the Meriando fills to be accurately labeled. I have also been to their facility about fifty times picking up tanks and they really do run a first class facility. I may be complacent but I have become comfortable with them and trust thier fills.

BlueXTSea also has an analyzer and will confirm the tank in front of you. Top notch op!

I believe the highest CO I saw was 3PPM, on one tank. Most were 0 or 1. I didn't test the air tanks for CO.
Safe, but there should never be any. Makes me wonder what else they are letting thru or screwing up. But why did you not test the air tanks for CO...?!

....I got to play with my new Cootwo ....

I've been following that product's development. Can you share pro's and con's on the product. Also how did you calibrate before testing for both CO & O2 ? Are there separate adjustment knobs for each sensor? The CO reading is temperature dependent and I'm wondering how it compensates for this in calibration. Thanks in advance!

I dive with dive paradise. I occasionally do nitrox. They have an analyzer and u can check yourself or they do it with you watching.

At Scuba Club they require you to analyze your own tanks, they have an analyzer, you write it on the log, and write it on the tank with your name and boat. That way the DM can put it on the right boat for you, and you can set your computer once you are on the boat with the proper mix. It works well, as long as people realize they have to go into the office to do their tanks 15 minutes BEFORE they are getting on the boat. (We have had a couple show up and get on the boat then ask where the tanks were at... we had to sit on the boat and wait for them to analyze, then listen to them complain all the way out to the dive site.

I have used lots of Nitrox tanks with Blue Xt Sea and we have tested each one, always in my presence. I dove with an op that I had ordered nitrox from and they forgot the analyzer and a declined at went with a normal blended tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom