nitrox analyzers in cozumel

how do you verify your nitrox mix on cozumel?

• i don't dive nitrox

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just curious what others do or have experienced.

We use our own. Our op's boats have one, usually. There isn't one always, and once or twice we've loaned ours to another diver when the boat's analyzer didn't work (they usually use Maxtec Handi's, so when the battery is dead that's it for that analyzer). The sticker is usually fairly close. It's also usually off by a bit (possibly down to calibration differences). Often that's 35% vs the labeled 36% or the like, but occasionally we've ended up with 37% labeled as 32% which could be pretty significant. Once we got air labeled as nitrox.

I got to play with my new Cootwo

Guess I need to try to figure out where the heck mine is, since I was an early backer. Once it was clear that it wasn't going to make it in time for me to take it in December I sort of back-burnered it.

Can you share pro's and con's on the product. Also how did you calibrate before testing for both CO & O2 ? Are there separate adjustment knobs for each sensor? The CO reading is temperature dependent and I'm wondering how it compensates for this in calibration.

• Pro: inexpensive, combined oxygen and carbon monoxide testing, small, easily-replaceable cells (and designed to accept a range of commonly-available sensor models), USB-rechargeable battery, automatic data logging on smartphone, built-in temperature and pressure sensors
  • Con: Not much that I can see. Smartphone required to get full benefit (eg, calibration). However, can be used in standalone mode since smartphones might become unhappy on a dive boat.

Calibration is controlled from a smartphone app. They're supposed to be calibrated for CO at shipment. Some backers get a bottle of calibration gas, and for others DiveNav will sell it at a reasonable cost.

The device has integrated temperature and pressure sensors, data from which is used in both calibration and logging readings. The developer has quite a bit of specific information pertaining to calibration on the site on which you've been following the development. They're also good about responding to questions. In fact, I'm pretty sure the temperature question was addressed on a thread in an equipment forum here.

Aldora analizes! No problemo. Not to mention they fill their own tanks. They are very consistant!

..... Guess I need to try to figure out where the heck mine is, since I was an early backer. .....
What backer number were You? Have you responded to the survey that came via Kickstarter?
I believe coming Monday we will have shipped out all the rewards - except to a handful of backers that have not yet responded to the survey (so we do not have their address)

......Smartphone required to get full benefit (eg, calibration). .....
Smartphone is required for CO calibration (that needs to be done once a year).
O2 calibration can be done in stand-alone mode. See tutorial HERE

If the dive op has tanks for me waiting on the boat, I would not dive them unless I had analyzed them, and I would expect such a dive op to provide an analyzer on the boat. The ops that I have used in Cozumel had analyzers on the boat, and it looked to me like everyone analyzed their tanks.

So reading the Meridiano tags is sort of like analyzing right?
Pretty much. Then again does everyone go down and sump test the fuel on the commercial aircraft that hauls them up 7 miles into the air, before boarding? Bottom line you are trusting your life daily based upon the assumtion that others have done their job correctly. Now if I had no experiance with a paticular filler and had a tester, then yes I would be more dilagent about testing my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom