Nitrox course. What's the point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The advantage to the triangle is that it is 3 equations in one easy-to-remember format. It does require an extra step (converting pressure to depth), but the easy-to-remember aspect trumps that defect.

It is 1 equation rewritten for the unknown variable.

I constantly see “gear solution to a skills problem” written around here. This is analogous.

dry suit make people look like astronauts without freedom of movements.
To be frank, I could hardly care less about how I look in my drysuit as long as I'm comfy warm both during the dive and during the SI.

To be frank, I could hardly care less about how I look in my drysuit as long as I'm comfy warm both during the dive and during the SI.

I think I look fine in my dry suit...

MR_Santi_Guitar.JPG
MAR_drysuit_office.JPG

No, it is not. See post #62.

theoretically the point of my comment is correct. realistically, depending on your dive profile, it may or may not make any significant difference to the plan. two different things.

In fact, there is no Nitrox here. Local dive shops say it is an unnecessary investment (new compressor,...)
A good nitrox course would leave you knowing this is not the case.

Divide by 10. Who cares how deep you are really?

pls understand why i posted this. boulderjohn mentioned that we do not all dive in sea water. "theoretically" the math is not the same for fresh as it is in sea water. so i was only trying to point out to the op (seeing as this is the new divers forum) that there is a difference in the math. so saying that dividing by 10 is easier than 33, although true, does not apply to the math when diving fresh water. as i stated already, the actual result in a real world scenario may or may not be consequential to the dive plan, but the theory is still valid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom