Nitrox Fill Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But at those prices, did you consider a CCR at all? Or is that something you just want to stay away from?

In Australia, the consensus seems to be, once your diving progresses to the point where you want to look at home mixing, or trimix diving, it's cheaper to get a CCR because of the ridiculous cost of gas down under.

Stone, that's a great looking Nitrox setup.

Pug, how do you handle the Helium addition? How do you have your analyzers setup to check the mix? Is it all pre-compression?

Cheers

Divesherpa once bubbled...
Pug, how do you handle the Helium addition? How do you have your analyzers setup to check the mix? Is it all pre-compression?
The helium enters the blender on the opposite side of the venturi from the O2. All of my analysis is post compression and takes 2 minutes for adjustments to show up. I pretty much have it dialed in though so I just set it according to the tape markings on my flow gauges and tweak it during the fill.

Here is the blender... the He feed is on the left and the O2 feed is on the right.

Instead of a needle valve and flowmeter attached to the welding reg, I screwed in a spare #77 medical orifice w/ nipple. This would not give me enough flow, so I used the orifice formula in Oxyhacker's book. The formula said I needed an orifice diameter of .042, and as luck would have it, a #60 drill bit is .040. By replacing the 120 psi gauge with a 30 psi gauge I have excellent accuracy and repeatability on flow settings (which doesn't matter quite as much when you have a down-stream O2 analyzer).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom