NITROX for any and all dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Extends bottom time how? A 80 cf tank has x number of breaths depending on your depth. Are you saying you take fewer breaths with nitrox? I doubt that. So how can nitrox extend your bottom time?

Extends bottom time how? A 80 cf tank has x number of breaths depending on your depth. Are you saying you take fewer breaths with nitrox? I doubt that. So how can nitrox extend your bottom time?
What is the ndl for air and Nitrox 32 at 30m(100ft) respectively?

You are limited in your BT by one of two things: amount of gas in the tank, and your nitrogen uptake. If it is the nitrogen uptake ("NDL") that is limiting your dive, then using Nitrox instead of air gives you more time. Those with good gas usage diving to greater than 60 ft or so will often find they are NDL limited, not gas limited. Nitrox helps them.

Was that your question?

25 min on air, 30 min on nitrox. Problem is there is not enough gas either way to stay down that long without running out of air. Your limit is a factor of gas in the tank, not what is in it.

Last edited:
25 min on o2, 30 min on nitrox. Problem is there is not enough gas either way to stay down that long without running out of air
Do you mean air instead of O2? Are you quoting NDLs from the PADI RDP for 100ft? Let's see: 100 ft is 4 ATM, so a SAC of 0.5 cuft/min would be 2 cuft/min at 100 ft. You are still NDL limited on air, Nitrox 32% mitigates that limitation.

Last edited:
If you are serious wild bill, find it disturbing.

There is irrefutable evidence that raising the level of oxygen in the blood increases physical performance and increases the rate of healing from injury.

I bet you read that on the internet!

I fill my tires with 78% nitrogen, then wait till the oxygen leaks out, i have 95% nitrogen, top of with more 78%. Soon i have full 95%

:)

I have analyzed the oxygen content in my tires after a month, usually below 7% :)
Yep. But the tire dealer doesn't make anything and you don't get green valve caps so people know you are environmentely sensitive.

For one, in many areas the most common tanks are not 80s. HP 100s are very common in my area and is what I dive. Some folks take fewer breaths per minute than other folks. All I know is that with Nitrox many of my dives are NDL limited especially the second dive. Without Nitrox I would be cutting the dives shorter.

Back
Top Bottom