Nitrox O2 Testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd test a steel tank for the O2 level before using if it's been sitting around for awhile. Any rust action inside a steel tank will reduce the amount of oxygen.

:)

Whatever makes you feel safer.

I recently bought a very travel friendly personal Nitrox analyzer (MaxO2 from Maxtec) and I keep it in a small/yellow 'Otter' box to keep it dry/crush-proof. It's much more convienient than waiting around while two dozen other divers are competing for the boat's single analyzer. As a new diver it's not mission critical that YOU have one at this time, but I will emphasize you'll get spoiled having your own unit, especially when you come to use Nitrox a lot (high intensity/frequency dive trips) and are in a hurry to get geared up and 'go'!

My LDS insists that each diver test the tank and sign for it or it doesn't leave the shop. They'll help with instrument cal etc until they are sure you've done an adequate test.
We dive conservatively...dose=1.4 -> MOD=111 fsw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom