Nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
If I take the Nitrox course will it require me having a 2d set of regulators for nitrox, or can I use my normal gear and just rent nitrox filled tanks.

My current gear is a mk25/s600 with g250 octo and nitrox compatable ai computer.

Thanks

Scuba Pro is not a problem. Just use them with Nitrox up to the manufacture's ratings (typical is 40%).

A fewregs may have limitations. Most do not with recreational Nitrox use.

You will want a nitrox computer.

But your regs will be fine for EAN36 and EAN32, which are the two most common nitrox mixes available.

Just to stir it up a bit.....

I regularly used my non-O2 reg for pure O2 breathing. Sure they're clean, sure I've since overhauled them..using same o-rings, just cleaned and re-lube with Christo-Lube.

I'd almost bet, right out of the box, any reg can be used with pure O2.

No wait, I would bet, there's no "Almost" about it.

Get Vances Harlow's Oxy-hacker and Reg repair books and do away with the myths!

DeepScuba once bubbled... Just to stir it up a bit.....

I regularly used my non-O2 reg for pure O2 breathing. Sure they're clean, sure I've since overhauled them..using same o-rings, just cleaned and re-lube with Christo-Lube.

I'd almost bet, right out of the box, any reg can be used with pure O2.

No wait, I would bet, there's no "Almost" about it.

Get Vances Harlow's Oxy-hacker and Reg repair books and do away with the myths!
I've been told that the Viton o-rings just last longer in high O2. The Buna, neoprene and most other compounds are just as safe for a shorter time. If you're hitting high O2 mixes often Viton is probably worth it.

Depending on how much nitorx diving you do i would not even bother renting nitrox tanks. Get your own O2 cleaned and buy an inline filter to use when filling them.

If you do any amount of nitorx diving it will work out cheaper.

Can I use my normal tank for nitrox and air fills? what do you mean by a "inline filter"?

Back
Top Bottom