No Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great captain and friend so I trust whatever he said will stick with the diver. He had a private chat in the wheelhouse.
Unbelievable stupidity... hope he was well calibrated by the Captain!

i seriously hope you thumped the living **** out of him in the parking lot. that very easily could have killed you or someone else. a broken jaw is a small price to pay compared to killing someone you know and a manslaughter charge.
props to you for handling your cool.
I could not
hence probably why your a very renowned instructor and I only hire ticketed experienced guys I cant handle teaching at all I have very little patience and none of my guys have ever tried to kill me

Last edited:
Great captain and friend so I trust whatever he said will stick with the diver. He had a private chat in the wheelhouse.

Good on both of you for handling this professionally.

Oh, it wasn't me. I just happened to hear the story from Trace earlier today. There's a bit of an inside joke to that response.

*edit* the individual in question was apparently quite the jokester today

Oh, it wasn't me. I just happened to hear the story from Trace earlier today. There's a bit of an inside joke to that response.
oh i knew it was a joke of some kind. but still glad hes OK hes a very well respected instructor and teaching people isnt easy its a skill very few have. glad hes OK after this thread it really makes me re think my 1/2 ass predive checks

Yes. The captain took care of it.
How did you pinpoint the culprit?

Kudos on keeping your cool, I know I couldn't have.

Today, a diver on the boat thought it would be funny to turn off my air between dives as a joke. Fortunately, the boat captain and I have lots of patience with stupid and no CSI's were needed. I found the problem when I flow-checked my rig just before going back into the water. My biggest concern was for the safety of the OW divers I opted to dive with on the wreck of the America. If one of them had a gas problem while descending, I could have donated a reg that would have put them OOG again! I often shut down my tanks to save gas from leaking between dives. Today, I knew I left both valves open on my doubles. The guy shut off my right side long hose. Flow check ... always flow check.

I try to always remember to flow check. But, I'm human and such a joke could result in disaster if rushing in a rescue scenario or if simply forgotten.
Why would anyone think that was “funny”?? What a idiot - he (or she) would be banned from future dives if it was my boat!’

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom