No Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got in the habit early of breathing while watching my SPG immediately before splash every dive.

I would be pissed if I knew someone actually thought this was a joke. Not cool.
Breathing while watching spg doesn’t serve any good purpose despite what you’re instructor told you. Neither is the 1/4 turn back.

Breathing while watching spg doesn’t serve any good purpose despite what you’re instructor told you. Neither is the 1/4 turn back.
I will disagree about the SPG and leave it at that.

Violence is not needed is you have a talent for profanity and vicious sarcasm. Some idiot tries that with my gear will get an instantaneous very profane, very vicious, and very loud tongue lashing. Some asshat at the quarry made the very bad decision of touching my gear once. He learned very quickly he had made a very bad choice. Doubt he touches anyone else’s gear again.

One dive buddy was taught to turn his valve back a quarter turn. Stupid. I told him his business if he does that on his tanks, but if he dares to ever do that on my tanks, I will never dive with him again. So he doesn’t do it.
What was he touching? I watch my gear as much as possible so if I see someone go over to it. I meet them and question them politely but firmly.

I am really trying to wrap my head around this comment and formulate a suitable response but I can't do it.
Yes me too! I had to edit it! :)

What was he touching? I watch my gear as much as possible so if I see someone go over to it. I meet them and question them politely but firmly.

My tanks and my regs. My HP80s attract a lot of attention as a lot of people have never seen them. I had set my stuff at a picnic table and had gone back to my car for more gear. Dive buddy wasn't there yet. If you want to see my stuff or ask questions, I'm happy to answer questions and such, but if you dare touch my gear without me giving you permission, you will wish you'd never laid hand on it. I'm extremely possessive, plus my life depends on my gear.

I'd never seen the guy before. I'm a quarry regular and I recognize the other regulars. I've never seen that guy again.

My tanks and my regs. My HP80s attract a lot of attention as a lot of people have never seen them. I had set my stuff at a picnic table and had gone back to my car for more gear. Dive buddy wasn't there yet. If you want to see my stuff or ask questions, I'm happy to answer questions and such, but if you dare touch my gear without me giving you permission, you will wish you'd never laid hand on it. I'm extremely possessive, plus my life depends on my gear.

I'd never seen the guy before. I'm a quarry regular and I recognize the other regulars. I've never seen that guy again.
It’s like motorcycles and cars, if it’s not yours, don’t touch. Except this is critical lifesaving equipment.

Horseplay in the 9' deep pool is one thing...kinda a jerk thing to do, but ok some people are jerks...in open water it's another thing altogether.

I will disagree about the SPG and leave it at that.
It will only move if you don’t open your valves the full way. If your valves are open the full way, you don’t need to worry, (everyone should dive with valves open full way.

I look at my spg while I breathe because I simply want to know how much gas I have, not because of the fluctuation myth. I know it won’t fluctuate if I have my valves opened the full way.

Back
Top Bottom