No need to move this thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could it be inconsistent because people are reporting your threads/posts and not the others?

Yes that is actually possible and I had considered that. If it was just my posts that got deleted, then I would expect that I would get a PM as I sometimes do telling that they were deleted. In this case, the MODS post claimed that several posts were deleted as off-topic (I am paraphrasing from memory here)....well let's just say mine was less off topic than many others. So, if the thread had been "scrubbed" then it was obviously inconsistent TOS enforcement.

Ok wise guys. You have our complete attention. How do you think we *should* be doing things differently?

R..

Ok wise guys. You have our complete attention. How do you think we *should* be doing things differently?

R..

No wise guy here (this time :D) but you just opened the door for the others. I think CONSISTENT TOS ENFORCEMENT should be pretty self explanatory. If nothing else, make it consistent with a given thread.....not discretionary where the discretion overlooks BLATANT TOS violations and deletes posts that reply to said violations politely and then adds value to the thread.

Just one example.

Yes that is actually possible and I had considered that. .

Actually, your post was not the one that got reported. The post that got reported was the one responding to your post, which *was* in fact a clear case. Sometimes we delete the "springboard" post as well as the one that went too far.

This is sometimes done to de-escalate things and sometimes to stop it from flaring up again.

What do you think about that?

R..

Well, as I said to Pete in a PM, I am well aware of that, and I know that that is sometimes the case. But that being said, there are many others that should have been deleted like those that copied my deleted post.

Actually, your post was not the one that got reported. The post that got reported was the one responding to your post, which *was* in fact a clear case. Sometimes we delete the "springboard" post as well as the one that went too far.

This is sometimes done to de-escalate things and sometimes to stop it from flaring up again.

R..

No wise guy here (this time :D) but you just opened the door for the others. I think CONSISTENT TOS ENFORCEMENT should be pretty self explanatory. If nothing else, make it consistent with a given thread.....not discretionary where the discretion overlooks BLATANT TOS violations and deletes posts that reply to said violations politely and then adds value to the thread.

Just one example.

Yes I understand. Sometimes posts that are left after the offending post was removed don't make sense and sometimes they quote the post that was deleted as well.

What would you propose to do with those?

R..

R..
on a serious note, was the poster that went to far notified?
You pointed out that Steve and LB are nice people, I believe you left somebody out.
I don't believe there was any error there.

And why is it that some MODS take the time to edit a post to maintain the value add integrity of the post rather than just delete? And, if the thread had actually been cleaned, then why were the rest of the off topic posts left in tact yet mine were removed?

R..

I think in a case like that the the poster of the "springboard" post should be notified as to why their post was deleted so they don't take it personally thus escalating it to, well what we have here. Too many [-]mods[/-] staffers going delete happy w/ no explanations lately.

R..

That's a pretty reasonable action plan you've got there.

Thanks Carmen. You are a sweetie for showing support.

You're welcome. I like you.

You pointed out that Steve and LB are nice people, I believe you left somebody out.

What about it? It's a secret that you're secretly super nice to peeps in person. Was I supposed to out your secret?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom