No Peeing Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got my current copy of Undercurrent today and almost laughed out loud when I read their article about Scuba Shack's "No Peeing Rule". :no :no At first I thought it had to be a joke, but Undercurrent checked with the owner, who confirmed the rule...and also said they are the "highest rated dive operation ever in the State of Hawaii...." :confused: I haven't dived with them because the feedback I've heard doesn't support the owner's claims of "highest rated".

Anyone dive with them before and want to share their experiences? Anyone know if they have a head on their boat, or do they expect you to hold it for 4 hours? :toilet

I dont think they even have a boat. Whose rating anyway?

They sprinkle a colorless dye in your wetsuit before the dive, if you pee it shows up as a flourescent green cloud.

Scuba Shack does indeed have a boat ... What are the details of their "rule"? I assume it only applies to rental suits. I have been on a couple other boats where they asked people not to pee in rental suits, or at the very least please "flush" the suit with water before reboarding ...

Aloha, Tim

Here's their claim:

The Reader Rater
#1 Dive Operation in the State of Hawaii, 2002 & 2003
#1 Dive Operation in the Pacific and Indian Oceans 2003
#1 Dive Operation in the USA 2002
#12 Dive operation in the World 2002
#4 Dive Operation in the World 2003
#1 Staff in the World 2002

If the crew will be washing your wetsuit, please rinse it thoroughly before the crew has to touch it. Even between dives...if you take your wetsuit off, please rinse it thoroughly. Yes, everyone can smell the urine while they are trying to eat lunch. It is disgusting and rude. I understand that if you gotta go, you gotta go. However, others should not have to be elbow deep in your bodily fluids. By the way...for those of you sitting in your offices at work each day...if you have to pee, do you just pee on yourselves, or can you wait an hour for your break so you can pee in a toilet. I can't figure out why people all of the sudden decide it's a good idea to pee on themselves. At the very least, show some respect for other people and RINSE.

Normal urine is quite sterile, there are places in the world (e.g., India) where is is drunk as a medicine.

Thalassamania:
Normal urine is quite sterile, there are places in the world (e.g., India) where it is drunk as a medicine.

And I thought cough medicine tasted bad...

Cave Diver:
And I thought cough medicine tasted bad...
I would infer that you've tried both?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom