No Peeing Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
You know, it's funny. I couldn't pee in the caves in Mexico. It felt irreverent.

LOL.

Thats ok, I more than made up for you.

Actually I think a bursting bladder is not the kind of thing that I want distracting me from a safe cave dive.

To pee or not to pee, that is the question, whether it is humbler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of cold water diuresis.....:eyebrow:

cancun mark:
To pee or not to pee, that is the question, whether it is humbler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of cold water diuresis.....:eyebrow:

Or to take aim against a sea of urine,

And by opposing it, end urge

To Pee: ah, to void;

No more; and by a stream to say we end

The pressure and the thousand natural shocks

That bladder is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd.​

Yes, SS does have a head on the boat but in the last 2 years or so they've started trying to dissuade you from peeing, whether the suit be yours or theirs. (They also try to keep you from using the mask rinse bucket if you don't use the chemical defoggers - in other words if you use good ol' fashion spit).

I personally love the idea of not feeling the need to pee while "dressed", but after I've been on a boat for 3-4 hours, drinking water and juices to stay hydrated, suiting up to be in time to be the first off the boat when possible, and then immersing my entire body in water... ?!?!? Nature calls !

It used to be an old joke to just dip a sleeping persons finger in a bowl of water - try the whole body.

It's not a fun thing, it's just nature. Don't let it ruin your dive, flush as best you can during the dive trips, rinse good each night, and at the end of the dive trip soak in a tub of Woolite for 24 hours before rinsing and drying thoroughly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom