No Peeing Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I see something like this, I think WOW, pretty good dive op in 2002 & 2003, but it 2007 and why haven't they been able to maintain those standards?

In their defense, it's probably just a poorly updated website. There was something big in the newspaper here last fall that had them named best operator in the world or something like that for '06...

fun to be a cave diver - pee where few others have peed before...

You know, it's funny. I couldn't pee in the caves in Mexico. It felt irreverent.

DiveMaven:
Anyone dive with them before and want to share their experiences? Anyone know if they have a head on their boat, or do they expect you to hold it for 4 hours? :toilet

My family has dove with them many times, boat and shore(night). We have never had a problem with them, and actually enjoy diving with them. The do have a head on board and we use it before our dives and have never had a pee problem while diving with them. Actually I can not even remember of any instances of someone being pointed out as having pee'd in their suit while one board. Last time we were there is when the female captain was training (about 2 years ago).

I am going to chime in on this one. To me, there is a big difference between peeing in your 7mm wetsuit v. your 2mm or what not. A 7mm is so much more difficult to get on and off and generally the pee keeps you a bit warmer (although I do flush my suit [brrr] about 10 min before the end for the dive). Although I have heard that its not that good for you to pee in it for some reason having to do with body temp.

I don't pee in warmer waters, never have. Its just too easy to remove the wetsuit onboard and do it.
TSandM:
I couldn't pee in the caves in Mexico. It felt irreverent.
It seems to me irreverent in just about any place. But ... if the need arises I guess you just have to grin and bear it.

My 2 cents.

This is the funniest post I've read so far! SS has a long history of being a little strange in my book! I follow Shaka's rule "No Shi Shi in the Shaka Suits!" it get's the message across but if it happens, it happens, what can you really do? Wash up good and get another dive in!

Thalassamania:
Normal urine is quite sterile, there are places in the world (e.g., India) where is is drunk as a medicine.

This is true but it's mostly cow urine:popcorn:

my name is james, and I pee in my wetsuit....
ah, the weight has been lifted, just the first step makes me feel so much better.....
people, tell me, where do the little fishies pee-pee?

mrjimboalaska:
tell me, where do the little fishies pee-pee?

Well, they don't pee in my wetsuit for starters.

Back
Top Bottom