Nomad jt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

It's funny, I used to think the same thing about "plastic" until I worked at Dive Rite. Then I learned that not all plastic is the same and indeed in many applications more durable than metal. I also learned about overkill...in other words...if we added a metal buckle to the chest strap it would appear to be extra sturdy, however this would also unnecessarily add cost to an item that simply isn't that valuable. The chest strap is crucial to a proper fit, but it isn't load-bearing and if it snapped, you could still dive safely, etc.

My 2 cents from the bastion of knowledge Dive Rite's got under its belt after 25 years.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Hi DM Dan,

Gosh, for some reason we are no longer getting notices of thread posts. I've got to clear this up with SB. Sorry, I didn't see your post from April. No, at this time the Nomad JT is not designed for use with a weight plate due to its intended use as an exploration rig and minimizing "snag points" on the back. However, I can see a good option for a minimalist rig that would allow for it for other types of sidemount diving.

Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom