(nothing technical) Hollis F1 "LT" vs Mares power plana vs deep 6eddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Eddy Fins, I like them, just like the Go Sports much better. Just returned from Cozumel and the currents were ripping. Nobody passed me going into the current even pushing my camera but truthfully no fin was going to buck that current, it was a futile effort. If I find the Go-Sports lacking then I would probably shift to Quattros or my free dive blades, not the Eddy.

I was able to try that new Nova fin, the one that comes apart. I traded fins with another diver, both of us curious about the other's fins. The result was we both decided we liked the Go-Sports better. Me because I simply liked them better, he because they did about the same thing and the Go-Sport was lighter and less $.

I am trying now to coerce my wife into ordering me black Go-Sport Gorillas, please, please with sugar on top :wink:. She keeps reminding me I said the Go-Sport was the Best Fin Ever, so I am in a corner!

I am going to have a fin give away, maybe a set of Slipstreams and yellow Jets, both size XL, NIB. I gotta think about that, arrrggghh. I will never use them.

You just need to tell her that the Go Sport fin WAS the best fin ever. It's just not anymore! She needs to maintain her commitment to ensuring her husband always has The Best. Like her. :wink: :D

When you were trying to keep up, were you frog kicking or flutter kicking? I find it difficult to flutter kick efficiently/effectively with the Eddys (frog kicking works great but is not ideal for moving particularly fast or traveling long distance briskly), and trying to figure out if flutter kicking with the DR XTs is any better in that respect. I would say my legs are pretty average in strength, but even if I had super strong legs, the amount of force it takes to flutter kick with the Eddys just doesn't seem to translate to a lot of speed. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a pair of DR XTs but don't want them to be the same or worse when it comes to flutter efficiency.
The XTs are beasts when it comes to flutter kicking. They don't go limp on you and deliver as much force as your legs will allow.

In my experience a fin which does everything pretty well is the Truefin. It's just slightly negative although there are ways of weighing it down if needed.
Also you can roll it up in your suitcase.

Odd. I bought a pair of LTs for warm water and I love them. FWIW, I dive F1s in cold watrr
I had a pair and sold them because they weren't all that much lighter than the F1s. At the time I was looking for something lighter for warm water single tank diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom