Novae - Dive SST-50 Flashlight 1200LM (100M) + MORE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you very much for your experiences.yeah i understand you have SST-50 but which brand you have?novae or Magicshine??.because, I really can not understand the difference between Novae and Magicshine.but according to my feelings Magicshine is chinese production(you know most of chinese productions have lower quality)but novae is the real brand for the flashlight.which brand is yours?

Mine is Novae.

I just ordered the MC-E Cree 900. I sent an email to the Novae and they stated the lights have been upgraded so hopefully all of the problems have been addressed. The company seems very consumer friendly and I was assured they will stand behind their products. I will post my thoughts after a few dives with it. It sure sounds like a great light.

From my understanding Novae is just a rebranding…

From my understanding Novae is just a rebranding…

The dive lights in my inventory are made upon order so our customers are promised a freshly built light when they purchase a dive light from me. Since my purchase orders are so large, I am able to get my lights straight off of the assembly line. Thus, I rebrand my dive lights to separate them from similar lights that are sold on the market that are commonly refurbished. I hope this answers some of your questions! :)

I'm new to the diving world and I'm going to Cozumel in two weeks. After scouring the internet for a diving light, I purchased the: PMJ-850 1200 Lumen Diving Light

The only reason I went with Tacticalleds.com is due to the fact that I've used them in the past. They call theirs the PMJ-850 though I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the MJ-850.

I did however use Novae for the purchase of two spare 32650 batteries.

Nonetheless, after my trip I'll post pics and update you on my experience using the light. Wish me luck, cheers!

I suggest breaking your new light in... run down each battery a couple of times in a bucket of water to see if everything is working properly. You may have a bad battery, bad charger, or even a bad LED emitter that gets dim over its first few uses--that has happened to me, though with a different model light. Take it from me, it is no fun to see your nice bright light getting worse with every use while on your dive trip! Looking forward to your review.

I suggest breaking your new light in... run down each battery a couple of times in a bucket of water to see if everything is working properly. You may have a bad battery, bad charger, or even a bad LED emitter that gets dim over its first few uses--that has happened to me, though with a different model light. Take it from me, it is no fun to see your nice bright light getting worse with every use while on your dive trip! Looking forward to your review.

Thank's for the heads-up Matt. I'll put it in a bucket of water with some ice for a few runs.

I went ahead and just ordered some silicone compound: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BNZ1AY

Does anyone know of better O rings I can upgrade to?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom