Nusa Penida mola mola or Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. No one can guarantee the sighting of the Sun Fish.
2. Highly unlikely that the same operator will go to look for the fish everyday. But you can check the schedule with the various operators.
3. You might see them on your first day/dive then what? Could be too late to move to Labuan Bajo!

In regards to #2, I think the only dive site I haven't seen a Mola Mola in is Manta Point (and Mangroves, but I've seen them many times doing Mangroves into Blue Corner). The most well known place to see them is Crystal Bay and it's true that most operators usually do one day Crystal Bay/Manta's and the next day North but it also depends a bit on the swell.

I actually think it's almost always better seeing them at the North anyway as the experience is usually a hundred times better as you don't have a bunch of mainland divers some shoddy operators scaring away the Mola and CB can be absolutely rammed with divers during Mola season.

October was a very good season for Mola last year, but impossible to predict if you will get the same luck or not. Three days diving will give you a good chance of seeing one, but four days will give you an even better chance! I had divers that have been coming for three seasons leave disappointed and I also had divers that were freshly certified OW see three lined up getting cleaned. Just a matter of luck!

Any other questions about Mola/Nusa Lembongan/Penida feel free to ask. Hopefully I'll make it back for the season this year.

when you come to bali is a good chance to see the mola during the season, but you need a luck to meet them :wink: manny divers come to bali only to meet the molas but some of them not even spotted them with 3 day dives :wink:

manny divers come to bali only to meet the molas

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately divers with this thinking are often disappointed. As discussed on this thread already Mola come and go unpredictably.

It's better if divers come to Bali to do some great diving (and hopefully, if they are lucky, as an extra bonus, see Mola too).

My diving philosophy is set my expectations low, so I rarely I am disappointed. I agree 100%, go to Bali for very nice diving, regardless of the conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom