O-ring and SPGs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first question was when was it last serviced? I've seen lots of people dive with champagne bubbles on gear obviously not getting around to changing the O ring before it gets too late (not suggesting you have done so)

In my experience 90% of gear failures is from lack of preventative maintenance and as mentioned above spools are often ignored. I ghave all my O rings changed on an annual basis

I found my HP hose to my dive computer console started to emit champagne bubbles during a week-long diving trip. It didn’t change my diving profile much during the whole week of diving. I just replaced it when I was back home.

Yes, it was the o-ring between the hose and SPG. Thank you for the video.

That would be the spool which is probably the most neglected connection on a reg set. Water get into the connection and takes forever to dry out. That leads to corrosion. I have actually seen spools break in two because of the corrosion seizing the spool. Take the SPG off the hose, clean it up, replace with a new spool that is well lubed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom