Ocean Diver looking for Xmas gift recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... (small scale - as I’ve just been brought a dry suit)....
Cheap but effective ?????

How about a paint pen to mark your name on the new gear
Or an engraved dog tag to ziptie to your camera/light

Have a DSMB that I don’t really use as I’m currently always diving with buddies that are of greater qualification than me.

Stuff happens. Just as I do not plan on my buddy's air I do not wan to depend on my buddy for a DSMB. So personally I carry it and a reel in the ocean.

Are you interested in fish ID, several good books.
Like to read. I have gotten and read the manuals for several courses I had no intention of actually taking.

Only put full face mask on the list if you really want one. Friend of mine wrote a FFM course and I took it to beta test it. Did two dives with two different masks. I can see how they do some nice things but I did not like the weight on my face/head. If I had to I could dive with them and enjoy it but had zero desire to dive one if there was a choice.
See I'm the opposite. I prefer my ffm as opposed to a standard mask & reg. That said, I did make one dive last weekend with it and ended up going back to my traditional mask and reg setup because I felt a little "off" near the end of the dive. Could be because the rest of my body was cool and my face was not.

So maybe rather than buy a ffm....a gift card to rent one as a stocking stuffer or something.

James

If you do much diving in the UK, especially the coast, you will become proficient in deploying a DSMB. Its a fundamental part of UK coastal diving.
DSMB skills are in Sports Diver.

Gareth
Thanks you Gareth, I am booked on for Sports Diver and drysuit courses at my club.

James

GoPro mask mount for a camera
Rashguard
Boltsnaps
Divers retractable lanyard
Magnetic octo holder
Mask antifog
Save a dive kit
Float and Flag
Finger reel
Lobster bag
Air fill pass

You didn't say what your budget was, so I was thinking of things that kids could afford to buy you?

On the plus side, this thread has now given me a few ideas to add to my Christmas list. LOL.....

GoPro mask mount for a camera
Rashguard
Boltsnaps
Divers retractable lanyard
Magnetic octo holder
Mask antifog
Save a dive kit
Float and Flag
Finger reel
Lobster bag
Air fill pass

You didn't say what your budget was, so I was thinking of things that kids could afford to buy you?

On the plus side, this thread has now given me a few ideas to add to my Christmas list. LOL.....
thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom