Oceanic GT3 CDX5 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbs129

Reaction score
I am new to scuba and am trying to decide on a mid range regulator that won't blow the budget.

I have been looking at the Oceanic GT3 CDX5 reg. One reason is the LDS is a dealer and service agent for Oceanic. In addition, it appears to be reasonably priced.

My main concern is that I have been told that I will need a cold water regulator. What is meant by cold water is not ice diving, but conditions you would expect in the North Atlantic on the east coast of Canada (but not during the winter months). Therefore, the balanced diaphram with the enviro kit on this regulator may be appropriate.

I believe the Aerius AT400 Ion is basically the same reg, therefore my choice may be dependent on which one is available at the better price.

Anyone have any opinions, likes/dislikes with either of these regulators?

I had the GT3/CDX5 and loved it. I put over 200 dives on it and never once had an issue. I want to say that the CDX5 was meant to be a cold water first stage. Maybe others will have more info on that. For the price you can't go wrong with this set.

The CDX5 first stage is identical to the Aeris AT400. It is an environmentally sealed unit and thus is good for cold water. By being good for cold water it's automatically good in warm water. Properly tuned, this reg is a sweet breather.

I'm an Oceanic tech. The CDX5 GT3 combo is a great reg for the money. Try to get one without the DVT. Will save $100 or so and the DVT is not necessary. I have had mine to 155 feet in Lake Erie in 39 degree water and under the ice. Yeah it is a cold water reg.

ok I'll jump in!...so how a bout a CDX5 NEO combo?...I can get a pretty good deal on it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom