Oceanic viper fins - A tale of broken fins and a confused customer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Arabidopsis - I did not receive your email - and have just found that Kevin is out of the office until May 5 - please PM me your shipping address. I apologize for all involved for the hassle. We'll get you a new pair of fins immediately.

As a disinterested third party who spent a lot of time in customer service, I'd have to say that almost a month later doesn't fall into what I would categorize as "immediately."

Providing the contact info for the customer service manager at the time you mentioned him, instead of waiting for it to be asked would have facilitated things as well.

Please contact Ron, our customer service manager - we spoke about this the other day when I received your PM - he can provide an eta and tracking.

Good grief. We've done everything within our power to satisfy a situation in a country in which the dealer and distributor was unable to help. A replacement pair of fins is on the way - as promised.

Ron's email address is rlandess@oceanicsua.com

It seems more like the dealer and distributor were unwilling to help than unable. That may or may not be within your control, but since it's your product it still reflects on your company.

Arabidopsis, glad to hear that this issue will be resolved for you shortly. Please post an update on the final outcome.

Just a quick update for everyone interested. Ron has been very helpful and has explained what went wrong. It seems that this situation was an unfortunate communication breakdown that was exacerbated by having to deal with multiple groups (LDS, oceanic canada, and the head office).

He has ordered that a pair of fins be sent to my LDS, and that the LDS will contact me when they arrive. He followed up with me today to see if I had received the call and I haven't at this point.

Just wanted to tell everyone that it looks like this will be resolved shortly!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I picked up the replacement fins. Ron was great and responded immediately, and he followed up with the LDS for me when they failed to contact me. Definately made it a painless process.

Back
Top Bottom